Friday 3 June 2016

Friend

Hello crafty friends and welcome to my blog. Today I would like to show you my DT page for
123 Challenge Blog.  What a great challenge it is too, I just love the colour we get to use in this one. Well I guess I always like the colours but this is one of my favorite lol. Over at the blog you will find more awesome inspiration from the rest of the design team over at the blog so please call over and see what they have come up with for this month and join in the fun. 
Now for the challenge and then my take on it. 







This page is of my beautiful friend Dawn. I would like to take a minute to tell you a little about her and what she means to me and my boys.

Not only is Dawn beautiful on the outside she has the most beautiful quality on the inside. She is always there for the boys and me 24/7 no matter what is going on in her life. She drops anything for us and has the most loving arms that I have fallen into and been so grateful she has been the one to hold them out.

Dawn was that one special person who helped me in a painful time, the loss of my beautiful mum. Dawn and her daughter Eb (11 yrs/old at the time) made it possible to give my mum her last Christmas early and allow us to spend all our time with her and worry about nothing. It was our Christmas to keep in our hearts for ever and was a wonderful memory.

Dawn and Mum
 
Little did we know that while Dawn was helping Mum and us with our battle with love and cancer she was about to face her own. As we laid my mum to rest my amazing friend would be doing tests and she didn't want me to know, she didn't want to upset me about what they suspected was going on. To spare the pain I was going through she keep her secret in till she was sure and knew she had to tell me. She now battles breast cancer and it truly brakes my heart. 
Dawn has two amazing children, Mitch 13 and Eb 11. My mum stands with her for every treatment and helps her with the strength she needs, not that she needs much strength. Like my mum she amazes me at how strong she is. She is beautiful, strong and so very special. She is going to concur this speed bump in her life and we are going to smile and dance when our baby's get married and cry together with joy when our grandchildren are born.
 Now you know my love and the boys for Dawn it is time to get back to the challenge and the page I have created for and about her. 

 
The word Drama is in my journal, the colour Lilac I sure have used, my doodling is the flowers with scrolls and the mini flowers that my son says looks a little like a spider with lots of legs lol.


The product I have used are - 
Patterned Papers - BoBunny - Enchanted Garden
TCW Stencil - Mini Music Sheet
The Craft Stall - Laser Cut Word - Friend
The Craft Stall - Laser Cut Tags
Ruby Rock-It Rub-on Letters - (Dawns name)
Darkroom Door Stamp - French Script


Green Tara Flowers
Imaginaium Chipboard - Honeycomb
Lilac Journal Pen
Archival Ink - Jet Black
Viva Modeling Paste - Lilac
Ranger Perfect Pearls - Berry Twist
Lindy's Stamp Gang - Magical - Pop Rock Purple


As you now I love to fussy cut and these beautiful BoBunny papers were perfect for that. 
The doodling was done with the Lilac Journal Pen. 


On Title and Tags -
Lilac Copic, then Croco Cracling - White and for the final bit I rubbed it over with Viva Texture Paste



 I hope you have enjoyed seeing the page I have created of Dawn and getting to know just a little of what an amazing and beautiful person she is to me and the boys. 
Remember to call to the 123 Challenge Blog and see the other DT creations from the extremely talented design team. Don't for get the Three must use requirements to be in the running for an awesome prize. Most of all though Happy Crafting and may your mojo flow. 
xxx
   

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Brenda, just love your arrangement and gorgeous background details :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda, I am so glad to have come by today and read all the special things about this layout.. Your friend sounds like a true friend, through thick and thin, and I pray she gets through the treatment and beats that nasty c and gets back to doing what she loves quickly.. A beautiful layout with lovely colors and details.. I hope your weekend is going well Brenda.. xx

    ReplyDelete