Tuesday 5 April 2016

Good Old Days

Hello crafty friends and welcome to my blog. Well the year sure is going fast and Easter has passed. I do hope you all had a wonderful Easter. Now if you have school aged children and live in Victoria you will probably be counting down the days for school to go back. For me personally I'm not as I love spending time with my boys. Anyway enough of the chit chat and on with my post. 

Today I would like to show you my latest DT creation for Let's Get Sketchy. I have chose two photos of my sons Riley and Harley from our last holiday away together at Swan Hill. We had spent the day at the Swan Hill Pioneer Settlement and they had so much fun dressing up for the photos and trying to keep a straight face with no smile like what was taken in that period. 
Now for the sketch and my take on it.



I created my page on Vanilla Cardstock and on it used Distress Stains - Walnut Stain and Faded Jeans. The beautiful patterned papers are by Kaisercraft - Betsy's Couture Collection. I love the colours of these papers and were just perfect for the photos. 


I have also used a strip of washi tape and the clocks are from the Kaisercraft Collectables pkt - Antique Bazaar. On the edges of the patterned papers I inked with Distress Ink - Gathered Twigs.


The Good Old Days chippie is by Scrapmatts and the Penny Farthing chippie is by Imainarium Designs and bith have been coloured with a black Copic.


II hope you have enjoyed stopping in and having a look at my page. Please call over to the Let's Get Sketchy Blog, see what the rest of the design team have created for the sketch and join in the fun with us. You never now you could be a lucky winner with your creation. 

Until my next post - Happy Crafting xxx

2 comments:

  1. Love this layout. The photos are awesome. They go so well with the papers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda, I am enjoying the school holidays here like you I like being at home with my kids ! I love this layout great photos and fabulous sketch! Enjoy the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete