Thursday 3 March 2016

Memories are forever

Hello crafty friends and as always welcome to my blog. I would like to share with my today my latest DT creation for 123 Challenge Blog. Boy do I love these challenges - Word, Colour and Technique - now that equals fun to me. Below is the 3 requirements and don't forget you need to use all three to qualify, it's that easy.  After you have had a look at my take on the challenge please call over to the 123 Challenge Blog and see what the rest of the very talented design team have created. Join in with us as you may be the one to win this months wonderful prize. 

 The photo is of Riley on a beautiful Autumn day in the Botanical Gardens in Ballarat. I took so many beautiful pictures that day and I'm sure by the end he had well and truly had enough, but never once did he complain. I will always remember that day, just the two of us for hours.


I created the page on white cardstock from Kisercraft and mounted the photo on brown cardstock. For the title I used a Scrapmatts Assorted words 01 chippie and then rubons by Ruby Rock-it - The Summer House range. 


Around the stenciled triangles I used a brown journal pen.


Behind the photo I used some mesh ribbon and also some gold crinkle paper. The Victorian Lamp is from Prima -  Shabby Chic Collection. These beautiful lamps are in the gardens just minus the clock. 


I have just realized that I'm doing this layout a little backwards, I'm now going to tell you about my background. Ops sorry about that. For my background I used a TCW Stencil - Triangles with Distress Stain  - Rusty Hinge with a makeup sponge and then went around the edge of the triangles with a brown journal pen. I also used Distress Ink - Wild Honey on Kaisercrafts Clear Stamp - Bubble wrap.


Also on the background I used October Afternoon Sprays - Saddle, Wheat Field, Cactus, Hitching Post and Spruce Tree. I love the colour of these sprays and thought they were perfect for that Autumn look.  For the dream catcher  chippie coloured it with Distress Markers - Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint, Rusty Hinge and Vintage Paint. I then used Distress Ink - Worn Lipstick with a makeup sponge. 


I hope you have enjoyed my page and I have inspired you to join in the fun at 123 Challenge Blog. Don't forget to use all the three requirements and good luck. 
Happy Crafting.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda! This layout looks wonderful, just love the background details and the gold paper! It is a great challenge to be part of.. I hope you are feeling a bit better too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful page Brenda, love the touches of gold and your background looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete