Saturday 28 March 2015

On The Farm

Welcome all my crafty friends to my blog and my take on the sketch challenge over at 
Let's Capture Our Memories. We have another awesome sketch for you to join in on. But before you do, if you have the time please call to the Let's Capture Our Memories blog and see what the other DT ladies have been up to. There are some lovely layouts for you to be inspired by and also the card challenge as well.
I love doing sketches and this one I really liked, but I guess when you look at a sketch and know what you want to do straight away helps.


This is my take on the sketch. I hope you like it.


As you can see these photos are of a couple of the cows we have out of approx 70. I have created my layout on Kaiser cardstock. The patterned papers I used are by Cosmo Cricket - Halfway Cafe. I thought the papers went real well with the cows and farming. 


On my cardstock I sprayed with Distress Spray Stain (which I just love) - Brushed Pewter, Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain. Both my boys made similar comments to the fact it looked like splattered cow poo. Lovely I must say. My Title is a chippie by Scrap FX and I coloured it with Distress Crackle Paint - Vintage Photo. My tags are by Tim Holtz and I inked the edges with Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap then placed some twin in them.


I mounted my photos on black cardstock just to make them pop a little. I used a boarder punch and  inked the edges of the patterned papers. 


The Barb Wire is by Dusty Attic and I coloured it with Viva Ink Gold Rub - Gold/Browngold. I then placed a little of the sliver over that.   

  I really hope you have liked my take on the sketch and would love to know what you think. Until my next post, Happy Crafting and may your mojo flow.


1 comment:

  1. Oh this is adorable! I love the fact that you took photos of cows (I thought I was the only one!) and that barbed wire is perfect!

    ReplyDelete