Monday 30 March 2015

Family Love

Hello everyone and welcome as always to my blog. I have created this layout for the challenge over at Scrapping Outback. What a great challenge pallet it is this month. I love the colours and they are perfect for the layout I wanted to create for a very special friend of mine Lyn Taylor. The photo she give me is of her three children and it means so much to her. Once it was finished she wanted me to place it in a frame for her wall ( which I have now done).
Below is the March colour pellet at Scrapping Outback I had to use.

 

When looking at the challenge I knew right away which photo I wanted to use. The colours were just right so it was time to look for the papers and I went straight to my Graphic 45 stash.


My layout is created on Kaisercraft white cardstock. The Graphic 45 papers I chose are from the Bird Song Collection and the Typography Collection. They are two very beautiful collections. For my background I used Distress Spray stains - Rusty Hinge and Vintage Photo. I used Kaisercrafts Diamonds stamp with Distress Ink - Walnut Stain. I also used the Prima Stitches stamp with the same ink. The stitches stamp is at the bottom near the word love.


I mounted the photo on black cardstock and inked the patterned papers with Distress - Walnut Stain. My title letters are Provocraft stickers - Family and Kaisercrafts clear sticker - Script Words. On my background I also used Modeling Paste with Kaisercrafts Quarters Stencil and inked over it with Distress Ink - Stormy Sky.


Behind the flowers I used gauze which I coloured with Distress Ink - Rusty Hindge. The flowers are by Prima - Vinetta En Francais and Manette Attic. The key locket I made from resin and inked it with Walnut Stain. The metal key is by Kaisercraft and I used some of the patterned paper to glue on it and then placed one of the epoxy hearts over that. 


The silver and dark brown bling flourish is by Prima and the butterflies are punched. In the photo below the Bird is a resin that I made and I coloured it with Distress Ink - Stormy Sky. The hearts on the layout are from the Kaisercraft Script Words Sticker Sheet.


I hope you have enjoyed seeing my layout for the Scrapping Outback challenge. If you have the time call over to the blog and check out the challenges each month, they are great.
Until my next post.....Happy Crafting.

4 comments:

  1. WOW Brenda. Loving your page. There is so much wonderful stuff going on and so glad you like the colour combination. Hope you can join us next month as again it is a great colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Brenda. Loving your page. There is so much wonderful stuff going on and so glad you like the colour combination. Hope you can join us next month as again it is a great colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda, this is a great layout....I love what you have created!!
    Thankyou for joining in this month over at Scrapping Outback :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Brenda! The layers and details are divine!

    ReplyDelete