Sunday 22 March 2015

Best Day Ever

Welcome as always to my blog. It means so much to me to have you call in to see what I have been up to. The layout I would like to to show you today is one I created for my DT post over at Let's Capture Our Memories. It is as always a great sketch challenges over at the blog and the rest of the Design Team have some great layouts and cards for you to have a look at and get your mojo flowing. So after having a look at my layout please hop on over and check out what we have been up to and join in the fun.

 

Below is my take on the sketch.


These photos were taken in January 2014 when the boys and I went on holidays to Warrnambool and traveled around the coast. I got to meet up with a very special friend of mine Theresa and her two sons Graydon and Josh. I have know Theresa for 10 years and we met because our sons went to kindergarten together. Even after she moved away we have kept in touch and it was great to visit and spend time with them..... But back to my layout :)


I created this layout on White Kaisercraft cardstock. If you are looking for the patterned papers you wont be able to find them. I thought I would do something a little different this time and see how my layout would come up without any. I'm happy with it but I guess it's up to you all. 

The chippie title is from Scraptopia. I coloured it with Lindy's Stamp Gang Spray - Tibetan Poppy Teal. This spray comes in powder form and you add water to it. In this case though I didn't add the required amount of water I just used my brush with water and dipped it in the powder and painted it on. It give it a very deep glittery/shinny look.


To create my background have used Distress Ink - Peacock Feathers, Perfect Pearls Mist - Turquoise, Distress Stain Spray - Evergreen Bough, Dylusions Spray ink - Campso Teal, Mister Huey's Colour Mists - Heirloom Blue and Opaque White.

The very pretty mermaid is a stamp by Graphic 45 and I have stamped it on blue cardstock and then fussy cut it out and raised it up on the papers.


The journal tags are from Kaisercrafts Sea Side Collection. The anchor is fussy cut from Webster's 12x12 papers - Cool Water and Words.


The Compass chippie is by Kaisercraft and the journal shape is out of the 6x6 Patterned paper pad by Kaisercraft - Sea Side Collection.

I hope you have enjoyed my DT layout for Let's Capture Our Memories and that you call to my blog again. I love it when you drop over.
 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Brenda, I hope you have had a lovely weekend! They seem to go so fast and Monday rolls around before you know it! This layout looks wonderful, it doesn't need any patterned papers as your misted background looks great! Happy memories there too.. I hope the week ahead is good and I hope your Mum is doing as well as she can be! Xx

    ReplyDelete