Thursday 26 February 2015

Looks Like We Have Been Sent Up The Road

Welcome crafty friends to my Blog, and my first post for Scrapbookit for February. I loved this months challenge set by the beautiful Mel. It is a gorgeous mood board with plenty of scope to choose from and wow are the colors stunning or what. 
For my layout I chose to use as my main colors yellow and green. The road, but in a little different way and also the color in the life square and also the word in the respect we didn't get life lol.
 This is my take and the awesome paper range I got to use is the Farm House Paper Company's - Where Ideas Take Root. I created on Kaisercrafts cardstock - Sunshine and the color was awesome with the yellow of the challenge.  I loved these papers and thought they were perfect for the photo of my two sons Riley and Harley along with myself. 


On the edge of the patterned papers I inked with Distress Ink - Walnut Stain. Each time I looked at the double sided patterned papers the number page just kept looking at me and  I just knew I had to do prison numbers with it. To create the word prisoner and our names I used Kaisercraft Mini Alpha Stickers. I also used then in the title along with Tickers - Meadow.
This photo was taken at the Swanhill Pioneer Settlement and the boys sure did get into the prison theme with the looks on their faces, so cute.
 To makeup my tag that I wrote on I used a Paper Xtra clear stamp by Sullivans and cut it out. I then wrote on some of the patterned paper and stuck it over the top. The chevrons tied it into the prison numbers. 

These Thickers letters are awesome and they were a great color for the challenge colors. I decided to use the smaller Kaiser Mini Alphas in the middle though because my title was so long. 
I hope you like the layout I created
Now I would like to show you another creation I have made with the same papers.
It is a "Note" wall hanger by Kaisercraft.

 To do all the edges I have used a brown Copic and it looked so good with these papers, it give them an old vintage look.
 These gorgeous flowers went so well with the papers and white leaves looked good to but I used a little of the Walnut Stain - Distress Ink on the to blend them in a little with the inking of the paper edges using the same ink. The butterflies I punched from the patterned papers.
The die frame is a sizzix and I inked it with the Walnut Stain and then used my brown journal pen to do some stitching around the edge. The rub-on is by Kaisercraft - Dreams pack.

On the shelf front I used the Thickers letters again and they were the perfect size to fit on it. They went so well with the color of the flowers and the butterflies. 

As always I hope you have enjoyed my post and will call again.
Hugs and Happy Crafting xxx

1 comment:

  1. Loved this post ! beautiful creating.. and great photo in your layout!!

    ReplyDelete