Sunday 4 January 2015

New Years with a Bang

Welcome to my blog again. We have  had Christmas come and go, New Years come and go, next is Australia Day. For my family it will also be Country Swimming Championships and the start of school soon for both my boys. Riley moving onto Secondary School and Harley changing to our local Primary School which will be a new start as well. I guess my family are bring 2015 in with a big bang this year. New challenges and beginnings. 

The layout I would like to show you today is for Let's Capture Our Memories. As always at LCOM you get to create your design to a sketch. I chose to create mine about New Years.


This is my take on the sketch. Please don't forget to call by the LCOM blog to see what the other girls have been up to and get inspired by the creations and join in. 


The patterned paper I used is a Glitz Design - Wild And Free Drips. It is an awesome paper for this layout. It reminded me of the fireworks as they fell towards the ground. The letters I used for the title are red American Thickers and Mini Aloha Stickers. 


Around the edge of the photo section I used my black  journal pen. I used Kaisercrafts circle die to cut the circles out and then used the journal pen to do some stitching. 


I mounted the photos on purple, red, green and yellow cardstock and then mounted them on black cardstock. Around the edge of the black cardstock I used Kaisercrafts white ink. The circles were cut from the same cardstock as the photo frames. 

I hope you like my New Years layout for Let's Capture Our Memories and that you go by the blog and join in the fun. We would love to see you stop in. 
Happy Crafting xxx

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Brenda.. the year is off and racing already! This layout looks amazing, the photos are awesome, and perfect for the sketch.. love all the colors.. Have a good week.. I hope your Mum is doing as well as can be...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo! That background couldn't possibly be any more perfect for your pics! What a deliciously colorful page! Happy 2015! May yours be extra blessed!

    ReplyDelete