Saturday 27 September 2014

So Proud

Hello all and welcome. This is my second post for the month over at Scrapbookit. I hope you like it. The design team has now finished the final posts for the month and next month Jo will be posting new design them. Pop on over and check out what we have been up to and please call back next month for the new challenge and to see the new design team.

Over at Scrapbookit this month it has been all about the men in our lives that are our Hero's. My first LO was about my boys and their Hero, my dad. Now for this month it ia about the same wonderful man, My Dad. This time though it is about him being my Hero. I hope you like my LO.


The awesome patterned papers used are by BoBunny - Somewhere in Time Collection. They are great male colors and have flying machines - hot air balloons and even cogs and clocks on them. As soon as I started to put this LO together I knew I had to use some chippie cogs on it and the ones I chose are by WOW - Clock & Gears and Cog & Gears. I  then decided the WOW chippie So Proud was just right as my Dad is one that I'm so proud of. I used Modeling Paste, then Studio Black Gesso on them. When that was dry I then sprayed with Perfect Pearls Mists - Bronze. All products that can be purchased through the Scrapbookit store and arrive in your mail. Just the way I love to shop.



With my patterned paper where the cogs were I decided to cut around them a little and place the photo in behind them. On the edges of my patterned papers I inked with Distress Ink - Vintage Photo. On my black cardstock for my back ground I decided to use my Kaisercraft Quarters Stencil with texture paste. Over that I inked with the Vintage Photo and then sprayed with the Pearls Bronze. I was excited though to use my Banksia (gold) Embossing Powder by Pipe Dream Inks that I got from Jo at the last retreat. I used a glue stick first and then the embossing powder over that, then my heat gun. I just love how it come up.


 To finish it off I made this little tag from the patterned papers. I printed it out and then inked the edge and placed a little ink over the paper as well. It give it a little more of an old look (like my dad hehe) to stand out from the other patterned papers and match better. At each corner I placed a Black Pearl by Flourish With A Bling.


Thank you so much for joining me at my blog again. I love it when you call over. I know from personal experience it is so hard to get to everyone's blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment