Saturday 27 September 2014

Real Life

Hello all and a huge welcome as always from me. Today I would like to show you my latest creation for my DT position over at Let's Capture Our Memories. As always it is to a wonderful sketch. Each reveal you have a LO sketch and a card sketch. For my DT position it is the LO and we would love to have you come and join in the fun. 



I'm so happy with this LO. There are times when I do a layout and think to myself, "yes, just how I was thinking". Well this was one of those times. The three photos were taken with my phone very early one morning on my school bus run. They are of neighbors properties. It was a frosty, foggy and chilly morning with the sun shinning bright letting us know the day ahead was going to be beautiful and warm. 


The barb wire and windmill chippies are by Scraptioia. On the bard wire behind the pictures I have used Distress Ink - Gathered Twigs and then in spots embossing powder -Silver and Bronze. On the other small pieces of barb wire that I cut up I have used a Grey Copic and over that I used some Color Box Pigment Ink - Frosted White. The patterned papers I chose were a mix of Kaisercraft this time - Hunt & Gather, Grunge and Base Coat collections. Behind the photos I used black card stock.

I colored the windmill with Distress Ink - Gather Twigs and the placed a little Color Box Pigment Ink - Frosted White in places which give it a bit of a sliver look. In a few spots over that I used a black ink very lightly and this give it a grey/black look. Here and there I used Twine to resemble rope which seems to be a must to have on all farms :) especially ours.


The wire stencil is by Scraptopia and I used Modeling Paste and then when dry inked over it with Distress ink gathered Twigs. The Chicken Wire Chippie is by Dusty Attic and I have left it the natural color and felt it matched in great with the look. For the title I used the same method as I did for the windmill but not the black.




No comments:

Post a Comment