Saturday 15 February 2014

Just Have Fun

Hello everyone and once again welcome to my blog.
The LO I have to show you is my February DT layout 


I also did some combining and incorporated the sketch
at Stuck?! For the February 15th challenge.


I loved doing this Lo, I think it was because I could 
remember the day I took these photos like it was only
yesterday. While I was having coffee with my mum 
Riley was in the his bedroom playing. when he come 
out he had made his own crown and goatee. He had
 taken a sheet that mum had cut down and pegged it onto
his shirt. He found his Great Grandma's walking stick 
and placed and R on it. He then come to the lounge room
with the biggest smile on his face.

"Mum, Grandma, I'm now a KING so you's can call me
King Riley, ok".


I replied... "Ok King Riley, just hold it while I take your picture".
"Mum that's ok but you have to bow. Remember I'm a king".
 He was so cute. Days like that I just love. Mum and I talked about
it for so long. 


The patterned papers I have used are by Authentique - "Friendship".
The red is Kaiser Craft which I used my journal pen and stitched the
edges of it. I used Liquid Pearls - Ruby Red to place dots on the edge
of one of the back ground papers. The chicken wire is from 
Twiddley Bitz.


The title and arrow chippies are from Scraptopia and I inked them 
with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Fired Brick. I then placed Tim Holtz
Distress Crackle Paint - Clear over the top. when that was dry I 
rubbed a little white Kaiser paint over it and then wiped it off to 
leave it in the cracks.  The tags out the side of the photo were cut
from the Authentique papers.


The tag I hand made from the patterned papers. Both the crowns 
on the LO are from Scraptopia. I used my Copic pens to color the
crown and then Kindy Glitz in the red and gold over the top.

I hope you have liked my take on the sketch from the challenge at 
Let's Capture Our Memories and please hope on over and join in the fun.

The best bit about this LO was when I finished it and the boys had a 
look as they always do Harley said, "That's great mum". Riley looked 
and put the biggest smile on his face and said, "I remember that day Mum.
It was fun. I made you and Grandma bow because I was a king". xx

8 comments:

  1. awesome layout - and love the story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous 'boy' page Brenda ... I love the story too!! Beautifully done!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful, the story put a smile on my face too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page Brenda, so glad you joined us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your story and your layout! Great colour combo to honour the king! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome page! Thank you so much for joining in with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has never occurred to me to combine two sketches - how interesting. Your page is fun. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love your layout Brenda! Your son is very creative! Thanks for playing with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete