Thursday 26 December 2013

Joy

Hello all. Well Christmas day is over and I hope you all
enjoyed your day with family and/or friends as much as
I did. It is a beautiful time of year for me. I love to sit at
the dinner table and without my family notice, reflect. I 
look at how each one has change and as for my boys how
much they have grown. I love that my family is together 
and filled with love and joy.

Very soon another year will begin and we will be saying 
farewell to 2013. I know everyone will be wanting things
special for their year and I do hope you all get everything
you wish for. 

There will be a few thing I hope will go nice and smooth 
for my family.... I so want my mother to enjoy some good
health. Graeme (my husband) to have his wishes for the farm
come true. My beautiful boys Riley and Harley to enjoy life.
Riley in his final year of primary school and Harley moving 
into Grade 4. I hope they also get everything out of their sports 
they want. All my friends to prosper and enjoy good health.

Well that's my hopes, wishes and dreams for 2014 all roled
into one. But, right now I must get to bringing you my latest
creation. I have done this LO for the challenge at 

The challenge was so much fun. I love the challenges at the 
123 Challenge Blog and this one is no exception. You are given
a color, word and technique. This is Decembers - 

  
This is the LO I designed for the challenge.


The beautiful chippie I have used for this is from Scraptopia and
also the Christmas handmade flower. I heat embossed the tree with 
gold  and red for the title. I handmade a couple of felt bows. 


The patterned papers I have used are from an older range of 
Graphic 45 Christmas papers - Christmas Past. Like all their 
papers they are just beautiful and I love to fussy cut my 
embellishments from them.


The rubons on both sides at the top are Kaiser Craft.

  
The photos I chose for this LO are from 2004 and it was my youngest
son Harley's 1st Christmas. He loved sitting in his bright red peddle car.
He was nowhere near ready for it but like all dad's and their son's presents
it was a must :) Riley was happy with his 3 wheel bike. it's all he wanted
from Santa.


The only other thing on this LO that I have not listed is the cute 
little deer just above. I fussy cute these from a very old Christmas
card. I thought they went well with the G45 papers. The reason I 
wanted to use something from one of the old cards is that they had
belonged to a very dear friend of mine, Marion Watson. Marion 
passed away in January and not long before she did I was given
many old cards she had saved. When she give them too me she said
they were for my scrapbooking and card making. 

I hope you like the LO and there are still a few days left to be able
to get a LO into the challenge if you want. Like I said it is lots of fun
 

3 comments:

  1. I love this page Brenda, the chip come up beautiful and the vintage pics suit it perfectly! Good Luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job fulfilling all the criteria for this challenge. A very festive layout! Thanks for joining in on the fun in this busy month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic way to add dimension and interest! Great page. Thank you for playing along. Wishing you a very happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete