Tuesday 29 October 2013

It's A Boy Thing

Hello everyone. I hope everyone has been having lots
off fun crafting since my last post.

The layout I would like to show you today is one I did 
at the Scrapbookit Retreat at Harrietville on the weekend.

Jo decided that since she had set the theme for the Saturday
to be Halloween she would organize a trick or treat challenge.
Everyone got to pick a bag with papers in it. There were four
papers and you to do a layout using these four papers and you
could add embellishments. Oh fun if you got the treat but very 
sad if you got the trick.

I was lucky.....


One sheet had black/brown/white circles. Another was the plain
blue card stock.  The third was a patterned paper that had lots of 
boy words and the colors matched so well. Yep you guessed it I 
was smiling. Then came the fourth sheet.....Help it is white and 
lime green, so bright, yuck. My mind races and I look at the back 
and it is plain white...yes this side will work. I used it to mount the
photos. I then inked the edges.


The chippie is from Scraptopia and I used Tim Holtz Distress 
Stain Dauber - Black Soot too ink it. I also used the same color 
along with Broken China to make the splotches on the card stock.
You can get these from the Scrapbookit Store along with the other
products I used.


For my photo I used 2 6x4 prints. One black/white and the other
color. I cut out my two boys Riley and Harley from the color and
mounted them over the black and white with dimension tabs. The 
other small color pic was just mounted normal. I cut the words from 
the patterned paper and mounted them. From the same paper I cut 
the circles. A Kaiser stamp and to journal around the edge on two 
sides of the 12x12 card stock was the only other things added.

 

Melissa Kennedy from Kaiser Craft attended the Scrapbookit
Retreat and was going to judge them for a winner. Wooo Hooo
I was lucky enough to be chosen by Melissa for a paper pack 
prize from Jo.

Thank you Jo (Scrapbookit) and also Melissa Kennedy.

1 comment:

  1. what a great page! Love the textured stamping and ink blots in background, oh also the chippie is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete