Wednesday 11 September 2013

Travel

I loved doing this challenge. I do so many LO with people 
in them and this one I is a photo taken on our trip too the 
Victorian Grampians. 

The challenge I have completed it for is over at Bird Is The Word.
The challenge was to use the word Travel/Explore. As you can see
I chose to use the word travel.



I have used cardstock and my patterned papers are Prima's
Reflections Collection "Shimmer" and Kaiser Crafts Marigold
Collection. The Magpie and grapes/leaves I fussy cut from 
Feature Arts Golden Memories - Southern Journey range. 


The cog, spoke wheels, rings and the word travel are
from a newly formed chippie business called Scraptopia.
The owner Kylie has many chippies to pick from and they 
are all wonderful. I chose these ones and colored them with
my brown Copic (E47) because I felt it give them an old out 
door look. I hope you like my latest LO and there is still time 
for you to drop over and join in the challenge at Bird Is The Word.


I distressed the Prima paper and then used Distress Ink - Gathered
Twigs on the edge as well as the edges of the other papers. 
The stamp I have used is Kaiser Crafts - Rocks which fitted so well 
with the rocks in the photo. The word Victoria was from Kaiser rubon
letters. 




4 comments:

  1. gorgeous layout Brenda, I never thought of using wheel spokes that way, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous LO Brenda, love the magpie too ... such a wonderful image too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful.. what a great photo and love your take on the sketch too.. and thanks for joining in at BITW too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photo and you showcased it so well with all those beautiful embellishments. so glad you joined us at Bird is the Word!

    ReplyDelete