Friday 8 February 2013

Resin Molding = Fun

What a day I had yesterday..... Just thought I would tell you a little about it. First off though I would like to say a big thank you to Karen Shady who is a very special friend of mine. If you haven't had the chance to meet Karen on her blog then click on the link on mine and take a look.

Karen is one awesome scrap booking lady and I'm sure you will love her designs. Give her a piece of 12x12 patterned paper and look out...... she will create something.

The two of us get to catch up when our busy lives allow. One of those days was yesterday. Our boys had a day off school (teacher meeting) and we all got together. Lots of laughter from our boys and the same was coming from Karen and myself.

We were having our first go at resin molding and yes it does = fun. We laughed and made some very nice embellishments for our layouts and cards. It was a case of how hard can this be??? Not hard at all.....once you get over the shock of how fast the resin sets as you are pouring it. LOL.

"Brenda it's setting quick, we better pour it faster".
"Ok, just do those ones then."
'Too late it has set, look."
It had set in no time.....much laughter. It didn't stop us though.

Thank you Karen for a great day. It is going to be a lot of fun making them. I can't wait to see them on our layouts, cards and off the page projects. To anyone that is thinking about it, give them a go. I'm sure you will like doing them.

1 comment:

  1. It was a fun day Brenda, thank you too for sharing your awesome collection of gorgeous molds :) I can feel a new scrappy addiction coming on .. I hand painted one of them last night, love how it turned out. xx

    ReplyDelete